Perfumes – what are they?
A perfume is basically a mix of essential oils and other aromatic substances that emit a pleasant smell. Perfumes have been worn by men and women for centuries. One who sprays his body with a perfume smells good. The whiff of the scent as he passes by would captivate others. The use of perfumes has been traced back to the second century BC in the ancient Mesopotamian civilization. It is also spoken about in our ancient texts Charaka and Sushruta Samhitas. Perfume has become a necessary item and a part of everyone’s dress routine.
Types of perfumes
There are different categories or types of perfumes, one needs to know about it while buying perfumes for men or perfumes for women. The perfume suitable for men and women depends on its type. So, which are the basic types of perfumes? Read on to know more.
- Floral: These are the most natural perfumes made from flowers, nature’s natural fragrances. From centuries, floral perfumes have been used by women. Rose, Jasmine, Mogra, and orchids are popular floral perfumes.
- Woody: These are made from the wood of trees. Sandal, Musk, Patchouli, and Amber are common scents. These are essentially masculine and should be considered while buying pocket perfume for men.
- Fruity: These are made from fruits and the sweet scent is alluring. Apple, Berries, Peaches, and Mango are popular fruit scents. They are preferred more by women.
- Citrus: This category uses citrus based scents from orange, lemon, and tangerine. They are extremely refreshing and can be used by both men and women.
- Oriental: These are exotic scents making use of musk, vanilla, and other such exotic oriental ingredients. These perfumes can be reserved for use during special occasions.
- Spicy: Perfumes made from kitchen spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and clove give off a special scent.
- Oceanic: These are modern day scents made using chemicals that give a fresh sea air or mountain mist effect. They can be considered while buying the best perfume for men.
- Green: These give off the natural scent from green leaves. They are mostly mild and can be used on casual occasions.
When and Which?
Which perfume should one wear and when? Whether you buy pocket perfumes or regular perfumes, make sure you spray on the one which suits the occasion. Citrus perfumes are good for use during daytimes. Floral scents can be used for any occasion, be it a formal function or a casual date. They are suitable more for women.
Fruity scents are great for special occasions like the first date or an outing. Green perfumes are good for outdoor events like going to see a sports event. Oriental perfumes are killer scents to be used when you want to impress someone.
Spicy scents can be used when you go to a cozy get together. Woody scents are one of the top perfumes for men but they can also be used by women. Oceanic perfumes project a clean, fresh image and are good for interviews.
Buying them online
When you buy perfumes online, look at the ingredients to know which type of perfume it is, so you can decide which is best suited for you. There are various perfumes online, including attar, a very fragrant type of scent popularized by the Mughals. These are traditional scents and men prefer to use them more. The pocket varieties of these traditional perfumes are very handy to keep in your pocket and spray on just before you meet a special person.
Exotic scents like tobacco, vanilla, mulberry, and leather are excellent luxurious scents that can help you to make a mark. Perfumes are without doubt a must-have accessory in today’s world.